1978 Chicago Cubs season
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1978 Chicago Cubs|
|Major league affiliations|
|Owner(s)||William Wrigley III|
|General manager(s)||Bob Kennedy|
(Jack Brickhouse, Lou Boudreau)
(Vince Lloyd, Lou Boudreau)
- October 13, 1977: Keith Drumright was traded by the Cubs to the Houston Astros for Al Javier.
- October 31, 1977: Bill Bonham was traded by the Cubs to the Cincinnati Reds to the Chicago Cubs for Woodie Fryman and Bill Caudill.
- December 5, 1977: Dave Rosello was traded by the Cubs to the Cleveland Indians for Bruce Compton (minors) and Norm Churchill (minors).
- December 5, 1977: Jesús Figueroa was drafted by the Cubs from the New York Yankees in the 1977 rule 5 draft.
- June 14, 1978: In Cincinnati, Pete Rose of the Cincinnati Reds singled in the first inning off Cubs pitcher Dave Roberts; Rose would proceed to get a hit in every game he played until August 1.
|St. Louis Cardinals||69||93||.426||21|
|New York Mets||66||96||.407||24|
- June 6, 1978: Mike Diaz was drafted by the Cubs in the 30th round of the 1978 Major League Baseball Draft.
- June 9, 1978: Woodie Fryman was traded by the Cubs to the Montreal Expos for a player to be named later. The Expos completed the deal by sending Jerry White to the Cubs on June 23.
- June 10, 1978: The Cubs traded a player to be named later to the New York Yankees for Ken Holtzman. The Cubs completed the trade by sending Ron Davis to the Yankees on June 12.
- June 15, 1978: Joe Wallis was traded by the Cubs to the Cleveland Indians for Mike Vail.
- June 26, 1978: Paul Reuschel was traded by the Cubs to the Cleveland Indians for Dennis DeBarr.
|1978 Chicago Cubs roster|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
Note: G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS: Geneva
- ^ Keith Drumright page at Baseball Reference
- ^ a b Woodie Fryman page at Baseball Reference
- ^ Dave Rosello page at Baseball Reference
- ^ Jesús Figueroa page at Baseball Reference
- ^ Mike Diaz page at Baseball Reference
- ^ Ken Holtzman page at Baseball Reference
- ^ Joe Wallis page at Baseball Reference
- ^ Paul Reuschel page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd; Wolff, Miles, eds (1997). The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball (2nd ed.). Durham, N.C.: Baseball America. ISBN 978-0963718983.
- 1978 Chicago Cubs season at Baseball Reference
|This article relating to a Chicago Cubs baseball season is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Chicago-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|